[SOLVED] If Statement

keefy

Im sorry but ive searched and could not find, i know this will be easy for most people but im new and trying my best to understand.

My simple need is:-

I want to be able to show some text "some example text" on my website only if the feature from table pp_goods is = to Y.

I have a table called pp_goods in side that table, if i browse i have ID, goodsname, Feature etc

in feature it stores only Y or N

Please help me on my way...

Thanks

This isn't an "if statement" problem. We don't write whole scripts for you.

Here's some pseudo-code to get you started:

-Connect to DB server

-Select database

-Query db: Select row from pp_goods

-If pp_goods.feature == "y"

--Then echo "some example text"

--Else nothing

-Disconnect from DB server

<?
$id = an id number goes here

require 'dbconf.php'; <---- Your Database Configuration File

$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM pp_goods "." WHERE ID='$id'");

if (features != yes) {
echo "some example text"
}
?>

maybe :P

sorry, everyone helps me all the time, just figured I would attempt to be of some help in return, and this looks like something I could get right :P

It does not work intodesi

maybe ive asked wrong..

1st of all the database is already open, i have a script which is actually showing properties, i used pp_goods and features as an example.. so will give the correct tables then it might make things a little easier, sorry i should have just done that in the first place.

I have a website and it shows rentals and sales... the script was bought.

however i need it to display some text "Long term rentals available" when showing a rental...

In the database i have a table called pm_properties below is what is in the config.php

$property_table          = "pm_properties";

If i go into phpmyadmin i have a table called pm_properties in that table i have a field called propertyoption which holds either R or S depending on sale or rental.

I would like:- If propertyoption = R then put "Long term rentals available" on the screen.

Sorry for been so confusing....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.