How to capture the email address in formmail ? Thanks.

moneytree

Hi,

I am using Matt's formmail.pl for my wenform in cgi-bin as show here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# FormMail Version 1.92

# Copyright 1995-2002 Matt Wright mattw@scriptarchive.com

# Created 06/09/95 Last Modified 04/21/02

# Matt's Script Archive, Inc.: http://www.scriptarchive.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main reason to captured and display the firstname,lastname and email address of the subscirber as it requried by this autoresponder software - milloop 7 which I am using it to collect the opt-in list from my webform.

The following is the opt-in info of the subscriber display in my webmail :

Subject: Thank you for subscribing to newsletter !

<u>From: Unknown sender</u>

Date: Wed, April 23, 2008 5:28 pm

To: newsletter@mysite.com

Priority: Normal

Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Download this as a file

firstname: manicui

lastname: gohin

Email: manicui@XXXXXXX.com

The problem is the sender captured in the email became as " unknown sender " as you can see it in the email as show above ( From: Unknown sender ).

I had carried out a test by creating an autoresponder's message ( newsletter ) to be send out immediately to those subscriber who had opi-in to my webform,but,this message never send out and the subscriber never receive the newsletter ! It could be due to the unknown sender without an email address.

May I know how to make changes in the formmail.pl in order to captured the email address of the subscriber in the " From : " field ?

Many thanks for your time and efforts in helping me.

Best regards

manicui

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.