#1 CSmith1128

CSmith1128
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

Hello... I need some help with dates...

I had the user input a date using 3 different for fields.
When the submit it, i have 3 variable, one for month, one for day, and one for year.
Each one has a number that represents the mont, day and year.

For example, January 1, 2006 would be stored like this..
$month = 1, $day = 1, $year = 2006

I need to do two things.
I already have validation for the correct number of days in each month.

However, I need to check whether the date they entered has not passed already.
To do this, I need to get the current date.
How would I get the current date and separate each part of it into separate variables for month, day, and year?

Also, after I validate each component, how would I convert the date back into the following format...
2006-05-23

Could someone please help?

Thanks,
Chris

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:15 AM

look into time() and mktime()
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users