Mail Sending Problem Via WAMP (Apache vs IIS)

Zyphering

Well I have 2 servers on one I was using IIS/PHP/MySQL and was able to send emails easily using mail() function.

On this server I am using WAMP Apache/PHP/MySQL. Some how mail sending is not working.

The configuration of php.ini is the same as the one on IIS server. (The ports are open and I am pretty familiar with configuring php.ini and windows firewall when it comes to sending mails, I have done this more then 3-4 time but everytime I was using IIS).

I have also checked weather the firewall is blocking it. I have turned it off and on to check weather it send the mail or not. ( I didn't restart the server when I turned it on and off, Don't think I need to)

Question: Is there any configuration in Apache server that I need to tweak in order for php to send email ? (this is the first time I am using Apache, I am not much familiar with it)

Email works on IIS but not on Apache for me. Both are on seperate computers.

Thanks,

Just an Update

I am getting this error

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "xxxx.xx.xxx" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\xxx.php on line 1285

It is strange because I am using the same Email Server to send mails on the other Computer which has IIS and it is able to send mails.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.