New Here

kruzzen

Hello all,

My name is Shawn and I am new to this forum. I joined to help further my knowledge in PHP and I heard this is a good place for it. I am developing my own forum software called ZoneBB.

Right now I am on the basic stage of it with a basic working developed forum but you cant register or login yet, its purely a guest-only system but that is still a major step from nothing.

Plus I am new to php...

Thanks for having me :)

-Shawn

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Right now I have a basic forum with the ability to post and reply but no register or login system implemented yet. I am right now stuck on trying to "include once" my config.php file with all the database infromation on it. For now the forum only works when I include the host, db name, etc on every page but I need to get around that.

Any tips on setting up the register/login system would rock my socks off :D

Wow. That is a great article and I saved it for another day I can get deeper into this. Thank you for you help :)

I am brand new to php and taking on an "advanced" project like forum software creation is mainly to test my wits and see if I can do it. Right now my other developers are also like me, not with knowledge and they are a bit young and seem not really interested in it as I am :P

If any of you are interested in helping out. I'd love the help. I plan the software to be free to download as long as the copyright is kept on it. I already purchased the domain (sorry if this is spamming) www.ZoneBB.com (working on different template) as the name and resource center for the software.

If you are at all interested, please email me at shawn "at" zonebb.com or PM me here. I am unable to check forums everyday, so it is easier to email me.

hi there, that article is acctually really good, i use it as my framework for all my database connections, and any site i make now, if you wish i can give you the stripped down version of that which basically jsut handles all your queries for you and allows you to define any varialbes you want sitewide

Hi, welcome to the forum, Not to "Advertise" my site or anything, but it is basically a Code Snippet site, with many codes and some tutorials. Feel Free to use it!

http://phpsnips.com

Here are a few codes you may need/like:

3 Page Login

Check if user is logged in

Image CAPTCHA

Connecting To A Database

Authentication code

Steer Clear of the User Registration Form due to the fact it is out of date. I will update it though, and I can let you know when it is updated if you want, just let me know if your interested.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.