Updating IPB tonight Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Access

PHP Time

Hello,

Im curious if their is a simple way to add and subtract between two times that are in the PHP date() format?

To clarify;

I have two variables;

$time1 and $time2;

both in the form date('H:i:s');

How can I achive the result that logically equates to;

$time3 = $time1 + $time1;

AND

$time3 = $time2 - $time1;

This doesnt appear to work.. is their an easy way to accomplish this without doing the whole thing manually.

Thanks
Access

What do you want exactly?

If you don't have the timestamp anymore (or aren't able to generate it using mktime()) I am afraid you are going to need to convert it to seconds and subtract / sum.

[!--quoteo(post=377230:date=May 26 2006, 03:27 PM:name=poirot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(poirot @ May 26 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]377230[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What do you want exactly?

If you don't have the timestamp anymore (or aren't able to generate it using mktime()) I am afraid you are going to need to convert it to seconds and subtract / sum.
[/quote]
Okay, so I have to do all Manipulation with Time stamps. I guess I was just under the impression that I could some how manipulate times using php date variables alones.

Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.