[SOLVED] Log actions?

Cory94bailly

It all depends on how the program/script works...

For example, for this forum (SMF), you can record the actions by the "action" in the url (get method). Like: action=post, action=register, and so on...

Different program works differently, I can't tell you how to do something I don't know about...

get it so that on every page there is a

<?php
$pagename = basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
date_default_timezone_set('UTC');
$time = date();
?>

And get the script to insert that data into a mySQL database when the page loads. You can also have it log usernames, id's and other things too if you declare variables for them. Although this type of logging system will be hard on a high traffic website as there will be way too many MySQL Query's being performed per second

<?php
$time = date();
?>

And get the script to insert that data into a mySQL database when the page loads. You can also have it log usernames, id's and other things too if you declare variables for them. Although this type of logging system will be hard on a high traffic website as there will be way too many MySQL Query's being performed per second

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in /home/content/m/a/r/markbailly/html/test69.php on line 3

Although this type of logging system will be hard on a high traffic website as there will be way too many MySQL Query's being performed per second

What is the best way to log actions?

using PHP and MySQL but only on low traffic websites. If you have a high traffic website then a larger bandwidth would have to be required

<?php
$time = date();
?>

Ok I did that..

I contacted my host, upgraded to php5 and now I get this:

Warning: date() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /home/content/m/a/r/markbailly/html/test69.php on line 4

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.