Opening directories

Imad

Hi guys, I'm trying to create an experimental theme manager. All the themes have their own folder in the themes folder. How can I be able to have each directory opened and have their details shown? For example, let's say I added another theme to the themes folder, when I visit the page to view all the avialable themes, I want their details to be shown. Furthermore, I just want to know how I can get all the folders in the theme folder opened.

Thanks in advanced.

save the theme details in a mysql database

That would be a problem, since the directories need to be detected first, theirs no way I can store it in a database until the directories are detected first. Once the directories are detected, they need to be automatically opened to locate the info.php file and bring back the info in it. I'll play around to see what I can get.

Kind Regards.

I could, but since each theme directory has an images directory, stylesheet, and others, they would need to zip it, then I need to have it extract the file which would be a longer process. I'm trying to do something like the Wordpress themes installation. Where you'd put a theme into the themes directory and visit the themes manager in the admin panel, and there it is with its details.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.