libphp5.so

Good day folks,

I am having trouble with libphp5.so not being updated after re-compiling php5.  I upgraded mysql from 4.1.16 to 5.0.27 and added the appropriate switches to define the new mysql parameters but the library file still contains references to the old mysql instance and I can't seem to get over the issue.  Does anyone have any idea how I can force the removal of the old mysql references in the php5 library file because it is causing issues with restarting Apache.

If I remove libphp5.so and try to make install it fails and complains about it not being present.

Can anyone help me understand the proper steps required to update libphp5.so and get these old mysql 4 references out of the library file?

Thanks,

Danny

I assume you are checking the version of MySQL through the page generated by the phpinfo() function? If so phpinfo does not return the version of the MySQL server installed but the version of the MySQL Client API (which is libmysql.so). The Client API should match the version of MySQL you have installed. In order to get a newer client API PHP will need to be upgraded.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.