My new forum/blogging community

I've been working on this site for a while now, please give it a go and see what you think.

A few notes:

The activation email isn't required yet (you can sign in straight after registering).

Please tell me about any issues no matter how small and also please criticize style and graphical elements.

Thanks so much:

http://www.ne.simtoz.com

The only thing i like in your site is the background. The overall design hasnt got a natural flow; that makes me kinda confused on where to click and what to look. Briefly:

• The layout is a set of nested tables
  • Theres way to much air (space) between elements and those borders dont look quite good
  • The overall look is very dark, while sky blue, dark blue, red and green arent close friends
  • Shouldnt a site have any logo or cool looking names?
  • Why on earth u had to remove the pointer (aka hand) cursor on Home | Forum | Faq ?

The color scheme is totally personal, so i cant give u suggestions on that. Eventhough, colors have to blend and create a pleasing contrast, so that personal preference extends to the general public. Just to give u some basic pointers on color theory, so u can understand better what i mean:

- Adjacent colors on the color wheel are refered as harmonious and create a nice blended look

- Opposite colors on the color wheel are refered as complementary and create that pleasing contrast

- U can choose more then 2 colors which combine well, by creating a three equal sides triangle or square

Those are the thumb rules of color theory. Taking that as granted, a sky blue is opposite to orange, but also blue with all the hue and saturation combinations, is opposite to yellow and yellow-orange combinations. Blue, cyan and green are adjecent colors which really combine well togather. Drawing a triangle in the color wheel, will show that green, blue and magenta (or probably a crimson red) are best suited togather. Drawing a rectangle will show blue, yellow (or yellow-orange), green and magenta are best suited togather. This simple theory can be used for every combination u want. Normaly u can adjust colors to best reflect what u have in mind, but sticking to the theory will definitely produce some cool colors and contrasts.

Dont take this as a lesson, but as guidelines to enhance your creativity. Hope it helped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.