Web site doesn't come up

halpee

Hi, I have MAC OSX 10.5 with Apache 2.2 installed. I also have a web site that I designed and I have registered the name.

After adding my web site name to ServerName, and putting all my code in the Apache directory, I enter my web site address but I get the cPanel page back.

When I sue Localhost - it works fine. Apache is listening on port 80, the same as in the Servername, but my site doesn't come up.

Can someone help?

Firstly, have you setup your DNS to point to your ip address? This will allow clients visiting your site from the www to see your site.

To be able to view your site by name from within the same LAN as the server you will need to add a line like...

127.0.0.1 yoursitename.com

to your /etc/hosts file.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have done it, but I was told that I need to put the "nameserver" in the registry and point it to my web site.

They ask not to put my IP address in there, so which nameserver do I put there? Is this the same as what I put in the hosts file?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.