Protecting Files!

Riseykins

Okay, so IDK if this would be PHP or what...

What I want to do is upload some music files to a website. I was just wondering how I can stop people downloading these files? I want to play them on a flash MP3 (which I've found), but just don't want people illegally downloading the songs. xD

Anyone able to help? Sorry if this isn't PHP, but this is the only place I know to ask for help! Thanks!

If the users play a MP3 through the Flash player, they practically have it on their computer. You can make it hard to find, but you can't restrict some users from finding them. E.g. with the Firebug plugin for Firefox, the user can see each file loading when you visit a site, including any MP3 there's playing.

Streaming the files off a protected server or something will however stop users from directly downloading the songs, but they can still record the stream.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.