img border in Firefox

dumdumsareyum

I have a somewhat weird problem with firefox. Whenever an image link is clicked a dotted border appears around the image that is the same color as my a:hover setting before you are directed to the next page (in FF 3.0, earlier version shows a black dotted border).  Then if you click the back button in the browser and hover over the image that was previously clicked, the colored dotted border shows up (the black dotted border does not appear in hover state on the earlier version) I checked in IE7 and safari, and neither the dotted line never makes an appearance. The following rules apply:

img {
border: none;
}

a:link {
        color: #0c3d1f;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:active,
a:visited {
        color: #0c3d1f;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover {
color: #D46400;
text-decoration: underline;
}

website is www.texaslost.com/forum if you would like to see for yourself. Thanks

Try a little javascript in the head:

<script type="text/javascript">
function RemoveDot()
{
for (a in document.links) document.links[a].onfocus = document.links[a].blur;
}
if (document.all)
{
document.onmousedown = RemoveDot;
}</script>

If you are using firefox 3 (as you said), it is still a beta version, and as such may have internal bugs that are not easy for you to fix. I would recommend developing first for firefox 2, then if you want, you can throw in a separate style sheet with a conditional comment for firefox 3. But very few people are using FF3 now, and most of those who are are devlopers. And anyone using FF3 is going to recognize that there may be discrepancies in it due to it being a beta version.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.