Installing Curl on Windows PHP 5.2.4

Hi,

I am running php on a sambar server and have been successfully for a while now. I have spent all day trying to install CURL to no avail and was wondering if someone could help.

I can see in my extensions folder that I have php_curl.dll, I went to my php.ini file (the location that the php_info() outputs) and couldn't find the extension so I created it (extension=php_curl.dll).

When I then restart the server and load the php_info again there is no mention of curl.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

yes i am having a quite simillar problem, i installed xampp and i am trying to run the msn bot script i get the undefined curl function error.

so i guess its due to not having that curl lib installed ,, anybody help ?

php_curl.dll requires two external libraries which are libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. These two file should be present in the root of your PHP installation folder. If your PHP folder is added to the PATH correctly then the curl extension should load without any problems.

Also ensure your have setup the extension_dir directive to point to your PHP extension folder, eg extension_dir="C:/php/ext"

i found out . after putting the two ddl files in system32 folder . go to php.ini there are 3 files one in apache/bin and one in php and one in php/php4 open them with notepad and just remove the ; thats ahead of the curl extension line, just ctrl+f curl

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.