Hello, I have a simple question. I have 2 pages, one looks like this:

for($i = 0; $i<10; $i++) {
	$temp = rand(0, 35);
                $code = "{$code}{$temp}";
         }
         $_SESSION['key'] = $code;

That works out perfectly. On the other page I have this:

$key = $_SESSION['key'];
"INSERT INTO users(username, password, email, rank, avatar, code) VALUES('$username', '$password', '$email', '1', 
'http://divnx.net/images/no_avatar.gif', '$key')";

This is where the problem lies. It doesn't insert the $key into the database. I tried to set code in mysql to VARCHAR, CHAR, INT, and BIGINT. Still No luck. Any ideas to what may be wrong?

Thank You!

Yes if I echo $key, the string comes up. The session is set on the 1st page. I'll give you more code:

1st Page:

for($i = 0; $i<10; $i++) {
	$temp = rand(0, 35);
                $code = "{$code}{$temp}";
         }
         $_SESSION['key'] = $code;

After you hit submit on the form: 2nd Page

$key = $_SESSION['key'];
function register($username, $password, $email, &$res)
{
    $que = "INSERT INTO users(username, password, email, rank, avatar, code) VALUES('$username', '$password', '$email', '1', 
'http://divnx.net/images/no_avatar.gif', '$key')";
    $res = mysql_query($que) OR die(mysql_error());
}
if($username && $password && $password2 && $email && $checkbox && $security == $_SESSION['key'] && !$set)
{
    register($username, $password, $email, $res);
}

Hope this helps a bit more. Thank You!

well, $key comes from $_SESSION['key'] and $_SESSION['key'] comes from $code so echo $_SESSION['key'] and $code and post what happens

edit:

well, $key is on your 2nd page, so... are you sure you have session_start(); on the top of your page? And on the page where you initially set it? Because I see no reason (based on your code provided) why $code shouldn't contain info, which means your session variable is the problem.

Your function is already using parameters for $username, $password, $email, $res. Add $key as a parameter for consistency. A month from now or a year from now when you need to do anything with this code, you will find that consistency will make your life easier.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.