A fixed area that doesn't refresh?

Mutley

I have a MP3 streamer, its only flaw is it starts the song again if you navigate to another page.

Is it possible to make some sort of DIV that forces it to not refresh with the rest of the page, or another work around to keep the streamer streaming?

Or use ajax to reload the whole page around the div, leaving the div. Or you could have the music pop up in an external window so that when the page is changed, that window remains open and playing the music.

None are really ideal solutions though. Flash is probably the best option. I personally really dislike websites with music though, unless it's a music based website!

Agreed on the not liking music comment. If you do end up with music playing, I will beg you to PLEASE make the mute/pause button VERY clear and easy to find. A lot of the time when I am browsing the web, I have my own music playing in the background, and I will leave a site if I can't turn their music off.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.