Upload file picture to BG

ev5unleash

Sorry, I'm here to help people with theory on how to write scripts, or to assist with scripts they are having troubles with. But writing scripts is how I make my bread and butter, so I generally don't do it for free!

If you start to put something together and having troubles, then come back here and show it to us, I'll be more than happy to point you at where you are going wrong, and give you ideas on how to go right!

Start with step 1 that I gave you - figure out how to write a file upload script. There are a number of tutorials on it (google is your friend) that can help you out with this.

Are you talking about a non-web based html form? If so, then it's possible to have the background image on the persons machine. If the image and the files are on the same machine, then the files can access the image. But if they are on different machines, you can't do it (or at least not easily).

create a form with a browse button on it so that the person can browse to a local image for their background. Use PHP to take the text contents of the input (the path to the image), and save that in a database. Then, when the page is loading, check to see if there is a path in the database, and if there is, load it, if there's not, then load a default.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.