[SOLVED] Possible to decrypt without Mcrypt?

four4swords

I most cases you can't "decrypt".

You can always decrypt it. We're talking about the encryption algorithms supported by mcrypt, not hashing algorithms like md5, sha1, crc32, etc. Those two things are for completely different purposes. If you weren't able to decrypt encrypted things, then how do you think things like PGP, GPG, TrueCrypt, BitLocker, FileVault, EFS, SSL etc. work?

Is this easy to do? Or is it already done? .. Or.. (deep breath).. do i have to do it? lol

I doubt it'd be easy to do. You could try to search for classes which does this.

You could take a look at this one which would take care of TEA, but PEAR doesn't have a class for Rijndael.

ok thanks! I'll look into it!

... Err.. lol .. Ok.. right.. I'm suppose to put this Xtea.php file in the same file as the PEAR.php so the "require_once 'PEAR.php';" line of code would work .. right?

If so.. where do i put this file?

thanks

ok.. well.. it just talks about the installation of PEAR.. I've got Xampp on my computer.. and i assume that it comes with PEAR already installed on it.. .. or at least that's what the Xampp site says lol

so.. Do i need to put my xtea.php file in a certain place? or since it's just calling to PEAR.php..  i can put it anywhere as it might be a univerally known file my php? lol

Logically you'd have them like this:

/path/to/pear/PEAR.php

/path/to/pear/Crypt/Xtea.php

That's the standard directory structure of PEAR classes.

If PEAR is correctly installed, then you can just run

pear install Crypt_Xtea

from a console and then do

require 'Crypt/Xtea.php;

in your source file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.