include() with pages array

cougar23

I've got an array of pages on in my site, which the key gets set based on the button clicked and stored in a POST variable $page which comes from my navigation menu which is a form that gets submitted on button click, and i'm trying to do an include() with the $page value matched with an the array of pages, but I'm getting and "undefined index" error.  I know the pageName variable is set correctly and it works fine if i manually enter into the include what i'm trying to build (i.e. manually doing include('home.php'); ).  Anyone know that the problem could be?

$page = $_POST('pageName');
$pages = new array ('home' => 'home.php', 'about' => 'about.php' );
include( $pages[$page] );

That's what I have. sorry i dont have the code in front of me so I wrote it up and made that typo.  The value of $page is stored correctly (verified via echo).  The problem is occurring with the keys/array on the include() line.

For exampe include($page.'.php'); work fine, but include($pages[$page]); is giving the undefined index error.

$pages = array ( 'home' => 'home.php',
                 'about' => 'about.php',
                 'performances' => 'performances.php',
                 'contact' => 'contact.php');

if( !isset($_POST['page']) ) $page = 'home';
else $page = $_POST['page']);

include($pages[$page]);

Make sure the requested page ($page) is in the $pages array too.

Change

if( !isset($_POST['page']) ) $page = 'home';
else $page = $_POST['page']);

to

$page = (isset($_POST['page']) && !empty($_POST['page'])) ? $_POST['page'] : 'home';

// check that the requested page exists
if(array_key_exists($page, $pages))
{
    include $page;
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.