[SOLVED] php time function

kev wood

i am trying to store the time inside a mysql db at the moment i am tying to store this using the NOW() function which i was under the impression that this would store the date and the time inside the db but all i keep getting stored inside is 2008.

should this function give just the year or should it give the time and date also.

you need to show us your code and how you are inserting the time.

then all the questions of UNIX timestamps and NOW() functions that'll come up later won't be as confusing.

but before I decide to tell you about using a UNIX timestamp instead of the NOW() function....we all need to see you current code so you don't mess it up with random lines people are probably going to give you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.