File Download

Doyley

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one.  I have generated a csv file from a MySQL database, I now need that csv file to be saved on the users machine with as little interaction as possible.  It will be the same filename and same location everytime.  Basically I want to give them a button that says "Generate", once they have hit it they can go to c:/somefolder and the file will be their waiting for them.

I was thinking of maybe an activex control or something similar but I really don't know what I'm doing with them so I'm just guessing.

Thanks!

You won't be able to do this with php. You can probably go as far as hitting generate and then a window will pop up asking the user where he wants to save the file. But there won't be a way to automatically save it somewhere on the users pc.

Ray

I was just thinking more about this....

All the people that would use this are based in our office, there is only a handful of them.

If I install an FTP server on each of their PC's and use PHP's FTP commands would that work?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.