PHP: Impossible to instal on vista?

Come to think of it, I've never heard of ANYONE installing php on a vista operating system.

I would be interested if knowing if anyone has had any successful installations on the system.

Although I am absolutely sure it's possible to install it on Vista.

I wander if a preset LAMP installation will work such as EasyPHP. Although those are purely for development purposes only. You wouldn't expect to use vista for a server!

I have installed AMP on vista with no problems. Make sure you run Apache under Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibly mode along with administrator privileges.

When installing Apache and MySQL you should right click the installer files and selecting Run as Administrator.

• 2 weeks later...

I run and develop on a wamp/vista setup at work just fine while ALL of our production servers run fedora. Granted I can't get Firebug to install in FF3 for the life of me. My only real complaint is that it's quite a bit slower than a normal LAMP setup.

I have windows vista on a laptop, and I was able to install PHP, MySQL, and Apache all separate and they work fine not that I got all the bugs figured out.  There were some issues with MySQL installing correctly, but I had to edit one of the DLLs to get it to work correctly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.