Mask a php redirect ?

jpress07

hi guys,

Is there a way I can mask a php redirect so once the page has redirected, the new destination URL does not display in the address bar?

For example, my page hxxp://mysite.com/affiliate-redirect.php has the following code:

<?

header( 'Location: hxxp://affiliate-link.html' ) ;

?>

How do I get hxxp://mysite.com/affiliate-redirect.php to stay displayed in the browser address bar after redirecting to affiliate-link.html?

Many thanks for any help!

Cheers,

JP

I do not want to use frames, is there any way I can do this with php?

Not really. The only thing you could do would be to include the file in question, instead of actually redirecting to it.

Guest Xanza

I know your question has already been answered, but I speak from experience - their is no way other than using an iframe (and mod_rewrite).. :(

Maybe what you want is a cURL request. That will request the file, then you can print it out. This works badly with

• Javascript
  • Images
  • Flash

So you'll have to edit the page on the fly a little bit. The hardest part is when the javascript calls SWFObject or write() to add flash. My suggestion?

• Step one: replace afflicate.com with yoursite.com/get_file_from_other_website
    this redirects all absolute images/flash to your website
  • Step two: do the relative ones somehow
  • Step three: include a javascript file with the functions writeredirect and SWFObjectredirect
  • Step four: replace SWFObject with SWFObjectredirect and write with writeredirect
  • Step five: get_file_from_other_website.php should contain code to request that resource/caching function

Honestly, this is harder than frames

Note: Step 1/Step 5 hack will ONLY work on apache servers

Browsers execuite redirects (the header() statement just tells the browser what address to request), so for an actual redirect the address bar will always show the actual address.

The only way you can display your site's address in the address bar would be if you read/include/request the content of the page that you would have redirected to and output it on your page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.