ajax and php to get data every minute ( time based )

auday1982

Hello

my name is auday and i am new to ajax ... to be honest i am a beginner to php and dont know more than the name of and the libraries of ajax

for me ajax is not important now .. i need to learn php

but i have a question ...

i have a form that post data to data base ... this is a html/php page ... the form is separated from the form processor file ..

my table includes these

id( auto ) ,time(int), tag (varchar), message(text)

then on index.php i need ajax to do this every minute

1- go and connect to data base

2- get all lines inserted in data base

3- refresh the container ( div )

for example i post data and it will be inserted in the data base like this

id( auto ) ,time(int), tag (varchar), message(text)

1 , 40 , Something , there is something just happened now

i want ajax within one minute to display this on my website to current and new visitors

( Minute 40 ) Something : there is something just happened now

so i am going to create a game cast so i need to display time , what happend ( tag ) , and details of that ( if goal , then who scored it and how)

so what do you think ... is it possible ...and how to do it ... with php because it will include a table also for the time bar and the icons for the tags ( ball for goals , yellow card image for yellow cards and more )

so i need ajax to go and get all lines and sort them from high to low so the new ones will be up

some effect like it fade in ... or color different can be good

could you please help me

thanks

hello

sorry forgot to mention that i need this to be like every minute ... without page referesh ajax retrieve the data and display it

i thought about editing any of the ajax chat systems and make it one way ,,, me or my friends send to the page and other people see what happened

i am from iraq and we love soccer or what we call it TOOBA or football , and i know friends who lives in iraq/mideast and can post the minute to minute game cast and we can see it and read it and know what is going on .. or come back after the match to read the most important events ... not just the result

so now you know the purpose of this

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.