Apache Won't Stop

Torey

Okay, all...blessings to you and if you saw my earlier post then you may known that I'm running Apache 2.2.8 on a Windows 98SE machine.  :)

I finally got the service to install and to start.  It is indicated in the system tray icon for the monitoring service now!  So yay.

Problem is that when I try to shut it down or stop it, it won't.  It won't shutdown nor stop via the monitoring service nor by httpd.exe -k stop or httpd.exe -k shutdown.

When I attempt to stop or shut it down, it says that the Apache service is stopping and then comes up with "Failed to stop Apache 2.2 Service".

Can someone please help me?  I would be forever grateful to you.  Blessings to you all and thank you for your patience and time.  :)

Does anyone have any ideas?  Please. :(

I'm sorry that I'm using Windows, but it's all that I have.  :'(

When I attempted to do a graceful restart, I received the following message:

(OS 10048) Address already in use :make-sock: Could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8080

No listening sockets available, shutting down

Unable to open logs

I thought that something else was listening on Port 8080, but it doesn't matter which port I change to.  In task manager, the only thing that I saw and didn't know about was the process of Pdvdserv (which has to do with using a remote-control for the DVD player).

I don't know what to do.  Please someone.  I will be so grateful.  :'(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.