Love PHP but hate speghetti code

luke101

Hello,

Just wanted to know if there is anything out there or any technique that prevents speghetti code in php? I am really considering .NET because the maintainence is so much easier. But i am really trying to find a reason to use PHP because I know the support is much better. So do you guys know anything or way to prevent speghetti code?

By speghetti code I guess you mean code appearing all over the page for different reasons?

In that case OO techniques would reduce this or alternatively look at smarty templates. These templates abstract the PHP  code giving a clear definition between the business layer and the user interface.

use a program called HAPedit. it colour codes things, and i tend to find it very useful

i also comment on EVERY line so i can look back on it if need be. keep inner-code indented for IF's etc

php supports functions, which is just the same as goto?

php supports functions, which is just the same as goto?

Not quite. As I recall goto will skip any code inbetween. A function call in PHP will continue code execution from where the function was called after it has finished doing the function.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.