Need help file check

ia.studio

Ok I don't know PHP, I just want to know if this file can create a HTML(text file) 

<?php

$fileName = $_POST['fName'].".html";

$fileText = $_POST['fText'];

$file=fopen($fileName,"a+");

fwrite($file,$fileText);

echo "&resu=Created ".$fileName;

?>

can you test and if possible fix it.

<?php

$file=fopen($fileName,"w+");

fwrite($file,$fileText);

fclose($file)

?>

I don't know PHP, I'm trying to use PHP to write files with actionscript 3.0 since actionscript 3.0 can't write files.  Can you tell If it's oK

I saw no problem except the missing semicolon after fclose() line, as ober said. The only other thing could happen is the variable $fileName is blank or something. Try to echo it to check whether there is a valid name available in that variable.

You'll want to change "a+" to "w+" and make sure you use fclose($file); at the end.

http://us2.php.net/fwrite

Worng. 'a+' is not a problem. from php manual

'a+' = Open for reading and writing; place the file pointer at the end of the file. If the file does not exist, attempt to create it.  

you can use either 'w','w+','a','a+' any one. Only difference is, for 'a' and 'a+', if file already exists, they will append the new text. For the rest two, they always delete all the texts (if file exist). If file does not exist, all are same.

Hey, you tried it with ending semicolon(;) placed after fclose() line? I try your code and it works man!!

<?php
fwrite($file,$fileText);
fclose($file);
?>

As I said, the other possibilities is, may be somehow you dont get the POST variable write. To ensure that, print those two post variables

<?php

echo "this is file name : ".$fileName;   //check whether these two lines print what you wish
echo "this is file text : ".$fileText;      //check whether these two lines print what you wish

fwrite($file,$fileText);
fclose($file)
?>

and remember, in this case, file will be created in the same folder where your php file is.

ok .. then sorry .. but you do check this two line, right?

echo "this is file name : ".$fileName;   //check whether these two lines print what you wish
echo "this is file text : ".$fileText;      //check whether these two lines print what you wish
[code]

and get the $fileName printed?

[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.