MySQL Image Upload/retrive

webtech123

Im in desperate need of help, Ive been downloading scripts for ages now and can't find a single one to do what i want it to do!!!!!!  I just need a user to be able to upload a images (10) then retrive them by way of their user id.

This is the only piece of php/mysql that ive ever got stuck with, can someone please help?

Regards,

James

I have tried storing them in BLOB's but to no success, i dont know how to store them on the server then point it to a users account. Sorry not very helpful am I !!

I can upload a file to the server but i can't attach it to a users profile

Do not store them in the database.  That's a complete waste of time and DBMS resources.

When you upload them to the server, simply append an ID to the front of the filename: 1234_pic_of_my_dog.jpg

Then you have a table in the database like this:

user_id | media_id

1          1234

1          2345

2          8942

etc.

Then when you need to display them, simply get all the ids for the user out of the table and go retrieve all the files that start with media_id_.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.