Looking to add a blog/cms write my own or go open source any advice ?

tyweed

I'm curious and would like a few peoples opinions on a small problem. I have created a friendly betting site. One where a group of individuals can make bets and it stores them into mysql table and helps keep track of the stats. At this point in time it has the user signup,login,bet making,stuff complete. I wanted to add a blog like thing so people could talk trash to eachother, maybe avatars,some other stuff. You think i'd be better trying to integrate my existing stuff into a cms like joomla or drupal. just get seperate blog open soure application. Or write my own.

Please all opinions open I eagerly await your advice php freaks!

A blog type application really is quite a simple idea. If you've developed the features your saying already exist yourself I can't see you would have too many problems implimenting a blog. half the work (signup/login) is already done and it will be easier to intergrate if you build yourself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.