MySQL keyword frequency

jaoudestudios

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I am doing a mysql search on 3 columns within a table, and I am ranking the returned result and ordering by the total relevance. However, I would like to add another count to the relevance if the keyword appears in the field more than once.

Below is a simplified version.

SELECT *, (

(CASE WHEN title LIKE '%the%' THEN 2 ELSE 0 END) +

(CASE WHEN content LIKE '%the%' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

) as relevance

FROM content WHERE (page LIKE '%the%' OR title LIKE '%the%' OR content LIKE '%the%')

ORDER BY relevance DESC

So if 'the' appears in the 'title' column and 'content' column the result will be 3. But if 'the' appears three times in the 'content' column it won't total 3 and then add it to the 2 from 'title' to equal 5. But I would like it to total 5.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Eddie

I have created a simple stored procedure and I can get it to work on the command line, but I can not get it to work through php 5.

I have read many examples on how to call the stored procedure through php, but how do I set it? on the command line I use 'SOURCE procedure_file.sql' and it is ready to be called.

Please can you show me how to call the source file in php?

how would I do that? through the sql textarea?

I would need to load the external script (procedure) and then call it.

Can I send the script in a query instead of loading it from a *.sql file.

Well, you only need to "load" it once... and since the stuff in the .sql file is SQL statements, yes.

what about if the mysql has been restarted, will it keep the stored procedure? if not is there a way for the stored procedure to always auto load - maybe through the php?

It will not "go away" -- it is stored in the proc table of the mysql database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.