[SOLVED] Freezing A Tables Heading Row.. Possible?

hotwire

Hi, Is there a way to lock or freeze a table's Top Row Heading so when you scroll the topic heading row will stay in place?

The closest I have come to doing this is to actually use a 2 cell table, placing the table's heading in the top cell and the sql database table's data in the bottom cell so when i scroll the bottom data the top field heading is not affected.  This causes an issue of the top row heading not always aligning with the data in the bottom table cell.

So it's neccessary that I try to find a better way to keep a table's top row heading in place using another method.

Any help or info on this is appreciated  ..Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fenway,

The only way I was able to do this was to actually have to use a floating script which indeed involved javascript.  Therefore, having to actually use the echo to carry out the table's heading to be static.  This way when you scroll the web page, viewers can still see the Heading for each column because the heading is constantly being called through the javascript to keep an absolute position on the screen.

Anyhow thanks for reading and attempting to help.  I appreciate it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.