Wordpress Template Coders?

LinuxForce

Well instead of ranting and raving without knowing wither or not i have and complaining about it maybe you should have asked me i have already been to the 'site' and it doesn't give a very good explanation to someone of another language.

So why do people always bitch when there's a help section actually being used where somebody who does understand me can give me better explained answers.

I know how to create WP themes and it is one thing I would _not_ want to do over IM.I mean there are great tutorials on the net already with step by step explanations of what to do when you want to create  your own theme (best to start with an existing one and modifying it to your liking).

The other question i would ask is, do you know any HTML, CSS, or even PHP? If not then I suggest you learn them you'll have a MUCH easier time learning how to do it.

In general WP themes are fairly straight-forward. Typically there are a few files associated to a theme: header.php, footer.php sidebar.php, index.php, single.php and then the stylesheet itself.

Other files might include: comments.php, search.php, functions.php etc etc :)

I learnt how to create theme using the Kubrick WP theme (default theme) the tutorial I used (cant remember where it is but Google is a great resource) pretty much told me to gut anything in reference to the 'Kubrick' theme (functions, CSS etc) and build up from there.

The WP Codex you will need to reference from time to time to find out what the various PHP functions do for a Wordpress theme. The main Codex is the Loop.

If you check out my blog (the URL in my signature) it shows you the theme I created by myself in the beginning. If you have questions about aspects you can chat me up, but I'll tell you right now I'm not into holding hands with someone. I prefer them to start learning on their own and if they get stuck I can give you hints or suggestions on why you're stuck and what you might want to try to get out of it.

Well.. actually i think this belongs to http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/board,34.0.html but dunno

Anyway, well you know man, wordpress is so popular you probably will find videos on how to theme it.

(for example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9JxeaslcBy0 ) the theme itself is just as straight as it can be, (of course there are more functions but that's in the Codex like SharkBait pointed, and the codex can't be more crystal clear (of course having doubts is another story) )

So why do people always bitch when there's a help section actually being used where somebody who does understand me can give me better explained answers.

Then what do you not understand or have a problem with? =/ People won't really bother explaining something that have been documented by who knows how many times.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.