PHP Error handling

prime

I have one question regarding designing custom error handling.

I have tried creating a bunch of custom error handling scripts, but they haven't been able to pick up on syntax errors for some reason. I.E the syntax error stills gets printed to the screen and not emailed.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on custom error handling?

I don't think I have I have that script anymore I changed my desktop os from Windows to Linux (got sick of some repeating problems). I figured I'd try and see if I could find a couple of good tutorials before I try again

Php syntax errors are detected during the parse phase. Since the script never gets executed, nothing you do in the script will have any effect.

Unless you have a situation where the php code itself is getting dynamically entered or dynamically generated, any parse errors should have been eliminated long before your code was put onto a public server.

If you are using eval(), I believe (but have never tried) that you could have a custom error handler be executed on fatal parse errors.

Please describe what your exact problem is to get specific help with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.