PHP Newb in need of assistance on outsourced script

smyle

So my level of expertise is near nil.. I know enough to get me into trouble.

I got a script which is not working, throwing up error messages of :

Warning: require_once(includes/classes/DB.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/contentb/public_html/includes/mainheader.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/DB.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/contentb/public_html/includes/mainheader.php on line 15

I believe I have tracked the problem down to the following line

function __autoload($class_name) {
require_once CLASS_PATH . $class_name . '.class.php';
}

Searching for an answer prior to posting I found that normally these messages are returned because the file isnt present etc..  but I did verify that  DB.class.php is located within the directory of:

public_html/includes/classes/

Any assistance, guidance, or what not provided in this matter is truly appreciated.

Thanks

You either need to find where the CLASS_PATH constant is defined (recomended), it will look like...

<?php define("CLASS_PATH","/path/to/classes"); ?>

Or, simply change your __autoload() function to point to the existing path. eg;

require_once "includes/classes/" . $class_name . '.class.php';
}

okay.. so I changed the coding to

require_once  "/home/contentb/public_html/includes/classes/" . $class_name . '.class.php';
}

and got the following errors...

Warning: include_once(includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/contentb/public_html/includes/mainheader.php on line 31

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/contentb/public_html/includes/mainheader.php on line 31

Warning: require_once(/home/contentb/public_html/includes/classes/Smarty.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/contentb/public_html/includes/mainheader.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/contentb/public_html/includes/classes/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/contentb/public_html/includes/mainheader.php on line 15

I am using Smarty in a section of this site and the paths seem to be valid, and files are present where they should be..    If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears...  If not.. I might wait until tomorrow when I have a clear head..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.