Problem sending email. apache problem?

coldfission

I am not sure where our problem is, but i think Apache has something to do with it.

We have multiple websites hosted through our Apache server on a GoDaddy Dedicated server.

Every time i send an email (doesn't matter how i send it) to an email address that contains the domain that we host, it will not send. I believe it is trying to send an inbound message to itself and not sending externally. We have our email service at another location, so it needs to send externally just like any other email would.

Ex: we host somewebsite.com

I try to email me@somewebsite.com and it fails

What do i have to change to get these emails working?

You are going to need to be way way more specific about what your mail server set up is, how you are sending to your actual mail server (directly through SMTP or relaying through a mail server at your web hosting), are you using SMTP authentication, what exactly works and does not work, do all email address fail or just the ones with the domain that your actual mail server corresponds to, how do the To: and From: addresses relate to the domain name when it works and when it does not, do normal external emails sent by other email systems arrive correctly, are your DNS zone records set up correctly... And all the rest of the details that someone would need to know to be able to tell what you are doing and be able to help.

I am sending through SMTP: localhost with no SMTP authentication

Any email will send except when the recipient has an email with one of our hosted domains.

Ex: we host somewebsite.com

I try to email me@somewebsite.com and it fails

just the ones with the domain that your actual mail server corresponds to

We setup our MX records exactly as google apps told us to (because we use the google email app)

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33352

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.