[SOLVED] Getting 'No database selected' in php runtime

Hi there, I'm using the WAMP 2.0 (the latest version downloaded)

I've just transferred my database from on pc to another. The data is showing up okay in phpmyadmin, and can run successful queries, yet when i use the same standalone php scripts that I used on the original pc, they are coming through with the 'No database selected' (the error message comes from a 'or die (mysql_error())')

i've kept the user/pass as root/'' to eliminate a password error.

What does everyone recommend i check?

Thanks,JJ

What does everyone recommend i check?

I recommend you check you are actually selecting a database to use. if your db is working fine and you can view it via phpmyadmin, I really don't see that this is an installation issue.

I feel like such a (enid blyton) noddy. just realised that i coded this before i upgraded to a WAMP version that requires you to put <?php instead of getting away with just <? on the first line. this was missing from my config db files!

Thanks for your help, it made me look in the right place, just fell asleep in my PHP101 lecture.

JJ

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.