passing the whole session to new window.

kucing

when i try to open a new window using javascript window.open function. sometime the new window opens with new session.

So I need some help here to pass the whole session to new window using the session_id function.

Any work around?

Thanks

Doesn't just using session_start() do this?

If not you could set a cookie storing the session id, grab that value and start a session based on that value however this seems superflous as this is the usual way sessions should work anyway! I guess it's a worth a try though if nothing else will work.

This method is only as insecure as using just session_start() because sessions by default use a cookie to store the session id. It is true however that if a malicious user got hold of your session id, they could steal session.

I recommend using session_regenerate_id() when the user logs in/out or has any change in  authorisation level. Infact, use it as often as possible. This function creates a new session id so if a hacker did get hold of your id it would be useless pretty much instantly.

There are some good tutorials on the internet about session security in PHP so I would suggest given them a read for a more indepth discussion about this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.