4 replies to this topic

#1 fert

fert
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:00 PM

I've been using PHP to make a forum, but when i change the register php script and upload it to my web sever the PHP file dosen't have the changes i made. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Gentoo Linux 2007.0 Firefox 2

#2 nogray

nogray
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 930 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco CA

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:21 PM

Maybe your server is caching the files. IF IT"S SAFE, try to delete the old files from the server and upload the new ones ONLY IF you have a back up somewhere.

NoGray.com

#3 fert

fert
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

[!--quoteo(post=380807:date=Jun 6 2006, 04:21 PM:name=nogray)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(nogray @ Jun 6 2006, 04:21 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Maybe your server is caching the files. IF IT"S SAFE, try to delete the old files from the server and upload the new ones ONLY IF you have a back up somewhere.
[/quote]
I'll try that

#4 fert

fert
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

I tryed that and it dosen't work

#5 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:12 AM

if you are removing the file from the server, and then copying it there again, and it is still showing the old file, then perhaps it is your browser cacheing the webpage.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users