IE vs Mozilla

phpnewbie112

jkewlo: Windows is built around explorer.exe - Internet Explorer inherits a lot from explorer, and adds it's own. You got the dependency the wrong way round. (Plus, people can always install another windows shell if they feel like it. None of those will be dependent on IE. I was more thinking of Windows Updates, and the like)

I didn't realize that i typed u like that lol sorry >.< I am not trying to argue or say that I am right. and the reason i am saying this is because i asked a few IT tech about it on Monday and that's what they had said.

Guest Xanza

haha, look this isn't a debate, it's a php forum - not windows. But if you wanna get technical

hem iv been around IE etc since windows 3.1 .. and around the block with other operating systems that USE "FF"

and No u cant completely uninstall IE. my computer search etc... are all based on the IE browser. so u cannot get ride of it.. if u delete the IE components then ur pc will not and cannot run until u reinstall or do a system recovery. so completely removing IE is unilateral and impossible to do. sorry to pwn you but things have to be done

And I've been around since before WYSIWYG user interfaces let alone point and click mouse... So don't tell me that you can't do something that you damn well can do:

ie.png

regardless to what the degree it un-installs Internet Explorer the question called to question (so to speak) was wether or not you could uninstall IE - and obviously from what you can see, it's entirely possible.

haha, look this isn't a debate, it's a php forum - not windows. But if you wanna get technical

ie.png

if u see it says

Description: Adds or removes access to Internet Explorer from the start menu and Desktop..

does not say completely Removes IE from your computer

He's kind of right. There's a lot of core windows components that won't work any more if you uninstall IE :)

Only if your running on that platform

Us longhorn users aren't stuck with the windows explorer integration into the browser flaw.

however longhorn's browser sucks unless u have 16 gigs of ram cause it sucks down indexing and thumbing stuff.

Guest Xanza
regardless to what the degree it un-installs Internet Explorer the question called to question (so to speak) was wether or not you could uninstall IE - and obviously from what you can see, it's entirely possible.

jkewlo - please learn to read... And someone please move/close this thread... It's gotten way off topic.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.