CSS/JS hover popup

iceangel89

how can i do something like a HTML title attribute popup like in the attached image, with HTML formatting like bolding etc.

when i view the source of the page,

<a href="WorkOrder.do?woMode=viewWO&woID=3447&" id="tooltip" title="<b>Request ID :</b> 3447 <br><b>Category :</b> - <br><b>Subject :</b> test <br><b>Description :</b> test <br>"> 
test
</a>

but when i try putting <b> in my own page, it outputs them "<b> etc... with the HTML tags seen how did the site do it?

http://demo.servicedeskplus.com/WOListView.do

[attachment deleted by admin]

in my opinion though, they aren't worth it....

i feel that it looks nice and its user friendly actually, for eg for showing more data or some tool tips/descriptions that would otherwise spoil the look of the site as its too long to display.

but judging on the JS needed, dont quite get how i can use it, maybe i'll try something else... u know how the JS can be used?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.