PHP Grid with button on each row

peet1909

I need a PHP grid that loads data from a mySQL table into agrid and adds a button on each row as well.

When this button is pressed, the ID of that row (which in this case would be column1), would be passed back as a session or post or something for me to process.

Please help me - I have searched and tried a lot of 3rd party grids with no success. ???

So you want a table with a button on each row such that when you press the button it submits just that one row?

Build your table and populate the rows with a button at the end of every row.  Give the button whatever value you want, but dynamically give each button a unique name corresponding to the 'row id'.  When you submit this form, your $_POST array will contain the info from the button pressed to submit the form.  Since it has a unique name, you know with button was pressed even though you have many on the same form.

Here's an example:

<?php

if(isset($_POST)) print_r($_POST);

$query = ""  // put query here
$result = mysql($query);

?>
<form action="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?>" method="POST" name="tableData">
<table>

<tr>
   <td>Col 1</td>
   <td>Col 2</td>
   <td>Col 3</td>
   <td> </td>
</tr>

<?php while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){ ?>
<tr>
   <td><?=$row['col1']?></td>
   <td><?=$row['col2']?></td>
   <td><?=$row['col3']?></td>
   <td><input name="<?=$row['index']?>" type="submit"  value="Submit"/></td>
</tr>
<? } ?>
</table>
</form>

if you insert some database code and change the values in the while block to match, that script will build a table of the rows returned by the query with a submit button at the end.  Click on different buttons and see what happens.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.