Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infected-Shadow

Template system

Hello, I've beent rying to make a template system similar to phpbb but less complicated. Could someone please help me or post a simple code for it?

There are several tutorials on setting up a content management system all over the web, including this site.

Just remember, it's best to learn how to swim before going deeper than you can reach ;)

I already know how to swim...jsut not int he object oriented end.

Most of the tutorials are not what I'm loking for. And content management tutorials I've found ahve most of the html hard coded into the script. and I read the one here.

What I'm looking for is a simple script that will parse an html script like this:

[code]<html>
<head>
<title>Infected Designs :: {PAGE_TITLE}</title>
</head>

<body>
<h1>{CONTENT}</h1>

</body>
</html>[/code]

Spare yourself the immense effort and just use Smarty. It really couldn't be any easier (I don't know what PHPBB uses it might use Smarty). Anyway check it out at:
smarty.php.net
You can customize the heck out of it so you can have the flexibility you want without reinventing the wheel.

Thats like saying hey dude don't learn what you want to learn sombody else already knows it and they can do it for you.  I personally would like to know how to do it myself.  If smarty is good or not it wouldn't change the fact.

Can anyone help?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.