Anchor tags & alignments

atrum

Hello all,

I have been scratching my head over this one for a while. I have a page with some anchor tags used for navigation of the parent page, but I cannot figure out how to get the tags to navigate to the top instead of just going to the first line where the anchor tag exists.

http://exiled-alliance.com/tools/calltool/index.html

Click on "Email Templates" and you will see what I mean. When you click on "Email Templates" I need it to align to the top of that section.

Also here is the source

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body 
{
background-image:
url('./images/bkgrnd.gif');
background-repeat: repeat
}
</style>

<title>Report Generator </title>
</head>

<body>
<a name="reports"><h2>Report Tool</h2><br>
<a href="#email">Email Templates</a> BETA<br>
<a href="https://forums.securesites.net/stats/ids/" target="frame2">Agent Stats</a><br>
<FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="report.php" target="frame1">

Caller Name: <br>
<input type="text" name="user"/><br>

<br>

Caller's Relation to Customer: <br>

<input type="radio" name="customer" value="Main Contact" checked/> Main Contact <br>
<input type="radio" name="customer" value="Listed contact"/> Listed
Contact <br>
<input type="radio" name="customer" value="Unlisted contact"/> Unlisted
Contact <br>

<br>

Verified: <br>
<input type="radio" name="verified" value="Username & Password" checked /> Username & Password<br>
<input type="radio" name="verified" value="BTN" />  BTN <br>
<input type="radio" name="verified" value="Back room pass phrase"/> Back room pass phrase   <br>
<input type="radio" name="verified" value="First 4 characters of the back room password."/> First 4 of the backroom password. <br>
<input type="radio" name="verified" value="Last four digits of the credit card"/>Last four digits of the credit card <br>
<input type="radio" name="verified" value="Caller did not provide any verification"/>Caller did not provide any verification <br>

<br>

Caller Asked/Wanted: <br>
<textarea cols=25 rows=10 name="callerasked"></textarea>

<br>

System Info:<br>
<textarea cols=25 rows=10 name="sinfo"></textarea>
<br>

Responder Found:<br>
<textarea cols=25 rows=10 name="respond"></textarea>
<br>

Actions Taken: <br>
<textarea cols=25 rows=10 name="action"></textarea>
<br>

Follow-up/Actions Needed: <br>
<input type="radio" name="followup" value="None" checked/> None <br>
<input type="radio" name="followup" value="Call Back"/> Call Back <br>
<hr align="tr">

<br>
<input type="submit" value="Submit"/>   

<input type="reset" name="reset" value="Reset Form">
</form>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<hr align="tr">
<a name="Email"><h2>Email Templates(BETA)</h2><br>
<a href="#reports">Report Tool</a><br><br>

<a href="./email/html/br_verio.html" target="frame1">Basic Response for Verio Customers</a><br>
<a href="./email/html/br_att.html" target="frame1">Basic Response for AT&T Customers</a><br> 
<a href="./email/html/unauth_own.html" target="frame1">Unauthorized Contact to Account Owner</a><br> 
<a href="./email/html/unauth_request.html" target="frame1">Unauthorized Contact as Requester</a><br> 
<a href="./email/html/support_docs.html" target="frame1">Recomendation to Verio Support Docs</a><br> 

</body>
</html>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have answered my own question.

I am assuming that there is not a way to "align" the section navigated too to the top of the screen, and that to do this, I just need to add "whitespace" or just some spacers to elonggate the page.

again, any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.