whatever:hover

s_ff_da_b_ff

is it true that I need whatever:hover inorder to get my vertical CSS pop out menu to work (without using JS)? And if so where can I get my hands on it I can not seem to find it anywhere on the net.

And if you have any other suggestions other that whatever:hover please tell. Thanks

Yes, you can have as many as you want.

One thing to keep in mind is that with CSS, if you declare something twice, the one that comes last will be the one that matters.

For example if you have

a.link
{
   color: red;
}

and somewhere else you have

a.link
{
   color: blue;
}

Whichever comes last will be the color of the links. So if you have both those declarations in the same document, and the blue one is second, then the links will be blue. If they are in separate documents, then whichever document comes second will be the one that matters. So if you have doc1.css and doc2.css, and the red links are in doc1.css, and the blue links are in doc2.css, and in the head of your document doc2.css comes after doc1.css, the links will be blue.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.