I have a question

j007ha

Hi all, I have a question about how to adding a new row in a table after a row of record have been enter.

Example:

Im using a drop down list to let user to select a list of item and after the user have make their choose

all information about the item will be fill into the row of the table. So in this case, if the user wish to select one or more item, then how can i adding a new row for the purpose of storing the information of the item?

This is my 1st post hehe

hope can receive any one of ur reply :P

ALTER TABLE `tablename` ADD rowname int(255) <<Depending on type>> NOT NULL << depening on null type >> DEFEAULT '0'

Should look like this

ALTER TABLE `tablename` ADD rowname int(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

Hope this helps :D 

You should have additinoal tables and not grow a table sideways.

Example

Users table

UserID Password etc.

Items Table

ItemID Description etc.

Users_Items

UserID, ItemID

The Users_Items list all the "items" a specific user has.  You can do anything from 0-infinity items per user/ add items etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.