Instant form autocomplete through a text field in the same form

tfburges

I'm pretty sure this is mostly javascript related but maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

A good starting point/example would be the search field at the top of youtube.  When a user begins to enter their query, a drop down menu appears with a list of like terms that narrow down as the user enters more letters.

A screenshot of my page:

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7227/43622298nx9.png

I don't necessarily need the drop down menu but I would like for the entire form to instantly autocomplete with the most recent data when a user enters a serial no. or company name that is already stored in the database.  I could do it with a search button beside each desired field but I would really prefer not to.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.