[SOLVED] number formatting

nitation

Hello,

I just want to know how to format an amount value in my database to have commas.

example;

the value i entered is 45000, how do i  format it to be like this; 45,000 and when i deduct, it will deduct correctly. Cos when am trying it, it will only deduct the FIGURES before the comma sign.

Thanks in advance.

If none of your numbers contain a comma, subtraction works fine. Also, if you try to store a number with a comma into a field of type "int" it won't work. If you already have your number stored with commas, I would suggest you modify those stored numbers to get rid of the commas.

Ken

Yes, never store numbers in the database that have commas in them.

As for data which is entered in a form, just use the str_replace() function to remove the commas:

<?php
$data = str_replace(',',$_POST['data']);
?>

Ken

@ken

I posted the code you gave me on line 29 of my code. this is what i get

Warning: Wrong parameter count for str_replace() in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\myfiles\vest\canada\internets\transfer.php on line 29

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.