[SOLVED] z-index

jaymc

I have pay per click banner adverts on my website

I have a button that when pressed shows a floating div, however, the banner advert floats over the floating div

I have z-index of 60 for my floating div

I tried putting the banner advert inside a div with z-index:0 but that didnt work

The banner advert is inserted after the page is loaded via javascript, so I think z-index is useless

Any ways around this?

since the purpose of an ad is to be seen...  Is there not a way you could move the floating div?

Otherewise, perhaps grab the ad by element id when you press the button for your floating div and have it set the ad z-index to 500 and your div z-index to 550.  In essence, your just changing their z-index after they set it, and setting yours to higher.

z-index 500 and z-index 550 are the same as having z-index 1 and z-index 2 (unless you are using a bunch of other z-indexes as well). The overkill doesn't really do anything.

Anyways, google differences in z-index between firefox and IE, and you will find some articles that explain how the different browsers work with z-index. This should help you figure out how to deal with your problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.