Is this an Apache problem or not?

Zippi

Hello,

I'm running a phpBB3 forum which from lunch time (GMT) has been down and reports a 500 Internal Server Error. I noticed that our Apache tomcat server was down, but I'm not sure that it is the problem.

this is the two repeated lines in the error log:

"[Thu Jul 17 16:35:09 2008] [error] [client <ip address>] Premature end of script headers: /home/finalev/public_html/phpBB3/index.php

SoftException in Application.cpp:303: UID of script "/home/finalev/public_html/phpBB3/index.php" is smaller than min_uid"

Another interesting thing I've discovered is that the only file generating this error is the index file, every other file in the forum and on the site is working fine.

Is this an Apache based problem?

Sounds like an apache problem. I'm not 100% sure but the error hints at the fact that the scriptis trying to execute with a lower user id than is allowed. eg; Maybe your script is attempting to execute as root?

Are you running suPHP, and if so, who owns the index.php file?

Sounds like an apache problem. I'm not 100% sure but the error hints at the fact that the scriptis trying to execute with a lower user id than is allowed. eg; Maybe your script is attempting to execute as root?

Are you running suPHP, and if so, who owns the index.php file?

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have no idea if we are using suPHP. The site is hosted by a hosting company and I have no knowledge at all when it comes to Apache.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.