[SOLVED] display correctly css files in apache2

htamayo

Hi, I coded a website with html+php+mysql+apache2, everything works fine except that the css doesn't display, particulary the images and some other css classes, so, I tried to modify my apache2.conf adding this line:

AddType text/css .css

But still doesn't work

Also, googling, I found that I can put this line in a .htaccess but still doesn't work.

My question is: how can I enable apache2 to display correctly my css file?

Regards

It's weird, because if I type in my browser:

/var/www/app/viewitem.html 

I can view all css rules.

But, If I type:

http://localhost/viewitem.html

Almost all css rules disappear, that's because i think that the problem is Apache.

The browser I'm using is Firefox.

So, I think apache is involved in how the css is displayed

You're not gonna believe the answer... it was about file permission.

The "not showed files" had "rwx----" file permission, I changed to 0644 file permission and ...everything works.

Wow, that really makes me like an idiot  :( , i checked the php code, css, apache conf and was a file permission issue, but, you know, I have a lot of to learn about LAMPs, Linux is a great OS, in fact, as a coder, i never pay attention like that but it really a mistake.

Thanks for your help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.